● Hastings International Chess Congress is the World’s most historic chess event – one in which many World Champions have played. The late Russian grandmaster, David Bronstein, said that Hastings Congress had become an integral part of English heritage. This event provides an ideal opportunity for any company seeking promotion locally, nationally and internationally.
● The Hastings International Chess Congress is the longest-running international chess tournament in the world and will reach its centenary in 2020-2021 – a time to celebrate.
● Participants range from grandmasters to local club players, and the roster includes many juniors.
● The event attracts local, national and international media coverage.
● The Congress incorporates several separate tournaments, including a 9-round Open event in which grandmasters compete, five-day events for the casual club player and a Weekend Congress. Entries number around 400 from upwards of twenty different countries, and this allows for a range of sponsorship opportunities, total or partial.
● The website is active throughout the year and displays results and live games during the event, attracting an international audience. The IT aspect of the event provides excellent promotional and merchandising opportunities for any sponsor.
● The event offers opportunities for corporate hospitality.
● Events carry the sponsor’s name relative to level of sponsorship.
● We would be very happy to talk to any interested parties when we could provide more detailed information.
Find out more by contacting Pam Thomas, PR Officer, Hastings International Chess Congress
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07817 446070 / 01424 445348